Knowledgeable Tax, Business and Estate Planning Counsel
Business law and other legal areas intersect with tax law in important ways, making a detailed knowledge of federal and state tax law essential for virtually every legal decision to be made. A knowledgeable tax law attorney can assist you or your general attorney with all of your tax problems.
Each attorney within the Dixon Law Group focus exclusively on tax law, business law, and estate planning matters, including:
- Federal Tax Litigation: disputing all types of federal taxes and underlying issues before the IRS, the Tax Court, the Court of Federal Claims, and other federal trial and appellate courts.
- State and Local Taxation (SALT): Tax implications of doing business in multiple states, mergers and acquisitions in other states, corporate transactions and reorganizations, and handling complex audits and controversies in various states.
- Representation at every step of an IRS or state Department of Taxation audit
- Administrative Disputes: working with the IRS or state Department of Taxation to efficiently resolve an audit dispute or tax controversy
- Non-profit and tax-exempt organizations : formation, determination letters, compliance and operating issues, transfers in mergers, and dissolutions
- Compliance and reporting, innocent spouse relief, installment agreements, collection issues, statute of limitations issues, audit reconsiderations, and offers in compromise
- Choice of Entities: Business organization and corporate formation to limit liability and obtain the most favorable tax treatment for your organization
- Business transactions and succession planning, including: mergers/acquisitions, buying or selling businesses, general counsel, contracts, policies, and planning for transition to the next generation
- Business tax advice, including strategic tax planning and evaluation of the tax consequences of business actions
- Structuring and protection of interests of founders and investors
- Governance and management for corporations and other business entities
- Probate avoidance, trusts, last will & testament, living will, durable power of attorney, and healthcare directives
- Asset protection trusts, irrevocable spendthrift trusts, dynasty trusts, life insurance trusts, charitable trusts
- Buy-sell agreements, shareholder agreements, grantor retained annuity trusts, and developing tailored exit strategies
Contact Our Southern Nevada Tax Lawyer
To schedule a consultation, call the office of Bryan D. Dixon at (702) 551-3030 or contact the firm online.