Reducing State and Local Tax Burdens
The key to managing state and local tax exposure is through the development and implementation of proper tax planning strategies. Using careful and knowledgeable tax planning, we have saved businesses and individuals significant amounts of tax dollars by reducing their overall state and local tax burdens.
With our experience in this area and our dedication to personalized client attention and service, you can feel confident that we will work with you to develop a tailor-made strategy that addresses your unique case and concerns.
Resolving State and Local Tax Disputes
With significant experience resolving state and local tax controversies in a variety of states and municipalities , we can effectively assist a taxpayer in any stage of a dispute, including: negotiations with auditors, advocating in administrative hearings, presentations before tax commissions, and representing taxpayers in both trial and appellate courts.
Whenever a taxpayer finds him or herself disputing a tax with a state or local government, we counsel and explain all possible options for a taxpayer to properly decide the most efficient way to resolve a controversy – including frank advice on whether it is in that taxpayer’s best interest to pay the tax or to continue fighting the dispute.
Specific Services and Assistance
- Nexus studies and planning
- Use of special purpose entities
- Merger & Acquisition planning
- Voluntary disclosure negotiations / amnesty program applications
- Arm's length pricing studies for intercompany transactions
- Tax provision analysis
- Tax controversy and dispute resolution
- Combined/consolidated income tax report review
- Use of pass-through entities
- Apportionment factor planning
- Use of intercompany debt